Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources

От Leif B. Kristensen
Тема Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 04 May 2006 23:06, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 10:58:24PM +0200, Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
>> On Thursday 04 May 2006 22:30, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>> >I believe transactions are limited to 4B commands, so the answer
>> > would be 4B rows.
>>
>> That is definitely not the case. I routinely do around 36000 inserts
>> wrapped up in one transaction.
>
>Check your eyes or cleen your monitor. ;) I said 4B as in 4 *billion*.

I've wiped my glasses now :-)

I'm not used to reading B for Billion, and I thought I saw an 8. (Here
in Scandinavia, we adhere to the French convention of 1000 millions = 1
milliard. 1000 milliards = 1 billion.) But it looks like we do agree on
the order of magnitude after all.

Another interpretation leads to reading 4B as 4 bytes, and given that a
byte equals 8 bits, 4B would be the width of a 32-bit integer.
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen :: Registered Linux User #338009
http://solumslekt.org/ :: Cruising with Gentoo/KDE