Re: The planner chooses seqscan+sort when there is an

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: The planner chooses seqscan+sort when there is an
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 10:09:33AM +0200, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> Well, I guess that's it then... I will let the query run with the
> seqscan+sort. It will still run 1-2 days, yesterday I stopped it after 6
> hours ;-) Actually it would be nice to have some kind of feedback on
> what is it doing so I can estimate how long it will still take... cause
> I'm not sure the seqscan+sort won't run itself for 6 weeks...

There are a number of ways you can (indirectly) see how far it has got.
If it's in the first phase (the seq scan), by looking at which file it
has open you should be able to see how far along the table it is. Once
it's in the sort stage you should be able to see from the tape files
approimately how far it is. As for the number of sort stages required,
that depends on the size of the data to be sorted, but you should be
able to estimate that...

At least, you should be able to tell the difference between a 6 hour and
6 day query.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: The planner chooses seqscan+sort when there is an
Сообщение: Re: The planner chooses seqscan+sort when there is an