Re: Slow restoration question

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: Slow restoration question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:07:15AM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>I have often used the mem=xxx arguments to lilo when needing to limit
>the amount of memory for testing purposes.  Just google for limit memory
>and your bootloader to find the options.

Or, just don't worry about it. Even if you get bonnie to reflect real
numbers, so what? In general the goal is to optimize application
performance, not bonnie performance. A simple set of dd's is enough to
give you a rough idea of disk performance, beyond that you really need
to see how your disk is performing with your actual workload.

Mike Stone