Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources
Дата
Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 04:28:10PM +0200, Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
> However, I'm wondering if there's a practical limit to how many rows you
> can insert within one transaction?

There's a limit of (I think) 2-4 billion commands per transaction. Each
command can insert any number of tuples.

So if you're doing one tuple per command that limits you to a few
billion inserts per transaction. Ofcourse, COPY is always faster
still...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources
Сообщение: Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources