Re: Leading substrings - alternatives with 8.1.3?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Leading substrings - alternatives with 8.1.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 01:45:35PM -0500, Wes wrote:
> On 5/1/06 12:47 PM, "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
>
> > Check the documentation, but if you declare a index with (for example)
> > text_pettern_ops, then LIKE will work even if the rest of your DB is
> > UTF-8.
>
> My understanding of using operator classes is that I'd have to create two
> indexes for each column - one with and one without the operator class.  That
> is also what was indicated in the original thread.  Defining multiple
> indexes on a given column isn't feasible, due to the database size (100
> million rows per day).

Oh right. If you want ordinary <,=,> to work for utf-8 and be indexed,
you need to have both. OTOH, if you're happy with text_pattern_ops for
ordinary lookups, you can use ~<~, ~=~, ~>~ to use the that index for
matches..

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения