Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:14:09AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Here I think it would be best to add an indclusterable column to pg_am.
> Actually, does clustering on *any* current index type except btree make
> sense?  None of them have semantically interesting index ordering
> AFAIR, so maybe we should just reject CLUSTER on all of 'em not only GIN.

It seems to me that amorderstrategy already handles this? It's
documented as:
 zero if the index offers no sort order, otherwise the strategy number of the strategy operator that describes the sort
order

ergo, if this is non-zero, CLUSTER uses that to sort, otherwise CLUSTER
is forbidden.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Сообщение: Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.
Сообщение: Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.