Re: Problems logging in

От John Oliver
Тема Re: Problems logging in
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 07:51:19PM -0700, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> > Is whitespace important?  Tabs?  The number of spaces?
> > Ohhhkaaaayyy... so, what settings would be needed to get usable logs?
> > Set everything that has "log" in the name to "true"?
>
> --postgresql.conf
>
> redirect_stderr = true
> log_directory = 'pg_log'
> log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
> log_rotation_size = 10240
> log_min_messages = info
> log_line_prefix = '%t%%%d '
>
> These are the setting in my conf file.

[root@web1 root]# tail /var/log/pgsqllog
FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "redirect_stderr"
FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "log_directory"
FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "log_filename"
FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "log_rotation_size"
FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "log_line_prefix"

Looks like something else I tried got some form of logging working, but
you must have a very different version of postgresql than I do :-)