Re: TODO Item: ACL_CONNECT

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: TODO Item: ACL_CONNECT
Дата
Re: TODO Item: ACL_CONNECT  (Gevik Babakhani <pgdev@xs4all.nl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gevik Babakhani wrote:

> To my surprise the code you described above was already there :)
> function aclchk.c:pg_database_aclmask:1696

Sure, that sort of was my point :-)

> If the above is okay and correct. Then I guess for simple systems one
> could only enter the line below in pg_hba.conf
> "host/hostssel    all     all    (whatever IP)   (whatever option)"

Ok, good.  This is what people was aiming for initially, I hope.  What
do people think, particularly those who wanted to manage pg_hba.conf via
SQL commands?

> New test patch:
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~gevik/patch/patch-0.2.diff

Without looking at the surrounding code, I'm a bit wary of the fact that
in ReverifyMyDatabase, pg_database_aclcheck is called with GetUserId()
but the error message is emitted with the user_name that was passed as
parameter instead.  The inconsistency could prove painful in the future;
maybe it's OK, but if it is, you should declare it in the surrounding
comments.