Re: Protocol Message Graph

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Protocol Message Graph
Дата
Re: Protocol Message Graph  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Agent M wrote:
> I have created a directed graph using graphviz that shows the message
> flow/event stream. Perhaps this will be helpful to someone. Of course,
> corrections are also welcome.

Interesting.  I'm not sure how to read the graph however -- for example
what does it mean to have ReadyForQuery in both a rectangle and an
ellipse?  What do the standalone boxes mean? (e.g. the SSLRequest and
CancelRequest? and why are they wrapped in two boxes?  why
Close/CloseComplete appear from nowhere and they don't lead anywhere?)

Maybe it would make more sense to have a graph of states, and the edges
would indicate what messages are sent to change from one state to
another.

Сообщение: Re: Please advice TODO Item pg_hba.conf
Сообщение: Re: Please advice TODO Item pg_hba.conf