Re: Problems logging in

От John Oliver
Тема Re: Problems logging in
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 06:18:18PM -0700, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> you can reference the following page for ideas:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/client-authentication.html#EXAMPLE-PG-HBA.CONF
>
> but to get started I would recommend:
> "
>  TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD
> local   all         all                                             trust
>
> "

Is whitespace important?  Tabs?  The number of spaces?

Is:

local   all         all                                 trust

The same as:

local all all trust

> Let preface the next portion of my reply with the fact that I am not positive what I am says is
> true for Version 7 of postgresql.
>
> unless you specify otherwise, your log file will be located in your data directory.
> the first one is postgresql.log.
> The other log files are located in ../data/pg_log/

[root@web1 root]# ls /var/lib/pgsql/data/
base    pg_clog      pg_ident.conf  pg_xlog          postmaster.opts
global  pg_hba.conf  PG_VERSION     postgresql.conf  postmaster.pid
[root@web1 root]# ls -la /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/
total 16412
drwx------  2 postgres postgres     4096 Apr 12 17:34 .
drwx------  6 postgres postgres     4096 Apr 22 17:00 ..
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres 16777216 Apr 22 17:00 0000000000000000
[root@web1 root]# file /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/0000000000000000
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/0000000000000000: data

> One point to be aware of,  the type of messages that appear in the depends upon the setting of you
> postgresql.conf file.

Ohhhkaaaayyy... so, what settings would be needed to get usable logs?
Set everything that has "log" in the name to "true"?