Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 03:47:51PM +0200, Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > Before someone runs off to consider this, I've already done it. My
> > preliminary patch is here:
> >
> > http://svana.org/kleptog/temp/gnutls.patch
>
> I'm speechless. Everything is mostly done already: many, many thanks
> for the good work.

No problem.

> > There are some issues with it, but nothing major. I plan on cleaning it
> > up and submitting it soon.
>
> Please ping me when the patch is completed. I'll talk to the Debian
> maintainers of the PostgreSQL and FreeRADIUS packages: if they accept
> to add GnuTLS support in a dpatch, the freeradius-postgresql module
> can enter in the Debian repository in a short time.

Well, you need to be careful here. Just installing GnuTLS support as is
will break the latest release of psqlODBC, because they do things with
libpq that it wasn't really designed for. Now, I've added an interface
to propose a "proper" way for psqlODBC to do its stuff, but to have the
Debian package have an API change not present in upstream is a big
issue.

That, more than GnuTLS itself, is the issue holding it up.

OTOH, psqlODBC doesn't appear to be packaged in debian, so that may not
be relevent to you.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения