Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 01:10:34AM +0200, Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> Tyler MacDonald wrote:
>
> >     I see this continuining to be a problem for the postgresql community
> > given how many GPLed projects use libpq. freeradius might be fixable with a
> > change in their license, but for postgresql to continue to be reasonably
> > usable by GPLed projects, either OpenSSL's license needs to change, or we
> > need to support an alternative secure socket api like GnuTLS.
> >
> >     GnuTLS is LGPL, which isn't quite as liberal as postgresql's
> > license, but should still be ubiqutous enough to be worthwhile.
>
> As PostgreSQL is participating in Google Summer of Code 2006, perhaps
> the GnuTLS support could be a student's project.

Before someone runs off to consider this, I've already done it. My
preliminary patch is here:

http://svana.org/kleptog/temp/gnutls.patch

There are some issues with it, but nothing major. I plan on cleaning it
up and submitting it soon.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения