Re: float8 regression test failure in head

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: float8 regression test failure in head
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 11:56:29AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > > Don't we have some of these platforms on the build farm.  Are they
> > > failing?
> >
> > canary, gazelle, and osprey all pass this test just fine.  Before
> > accepting any patches in this area we'd better find out the difference
> > between the OP's netbsd system and those machines.
>
> Agreed.

Quoting from my original post "NetBSD-3.99.17/i386" - so what are you
running?

.. and just to check:

patrimoine=# select '1e-400'::float;
ERROR:  "1e-400" is out of range for type double precision
patrimoine=# select version();                                                  version

8.2develon i386-unknown-netbsdelf3.99.17, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (NetBSD nb3 20040520)

(1 row)

1e-400 wasn't rounded down to 0.

Cheers,

Patrick