Triage Coverity

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Triage Coverity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I spent some time today going through the stuff on the Coverity
website. I basically looked at every report outside of src/backend (due
to the ereport false-positives (elog is fixed)) and src/interfaces/ecpg
(due to the shear volume of probably bugs).

I've sorted them into:

FALSE - Not a bug, Coverity just not being smart
IGNORE - Yeah, it's a bug but not worth fixing
PENDING - Simple bug, easy fix or more important

Especially the src/bin directory, there's a lot of resource leakage and
my impression is that we knew that already and most of them just arn't
worth the effort to fix. I've only marked the ones that could be fixed
with a well placed free(). Also, libpq and psql got higher priority.

So if anyone wants to spend time fixing lots of little buglets, now's
your chance.

Have a nice day,