Re: grant privileges across schemas

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: grant privileges across schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 09:29:50 -0300,
  Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar> wrote:

> The following works, but I'm not sure about the consequences
> of granting USAGE to a schema, as the documentation is
> not clear, IMO : "For schemas, allows access to objects
> contained in the specified schema (assuming that the
> objects' own privilege requirements are also met).
> Essentially this allows the grantee to "look up" objects
> within the schema."
> mydb=> GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA myschema TO readonly;
> GRANT
>
> After doing this, how do I give SELECT privilege to this
> user for all tables of this schema?

Granting access to a schema allows use of that schema. It does not grant
access to objects contained in the schema. You will need to do a grant for
each object in addition to what you are already doing. You will probably want
to write a script or function to do it, as there isn't a built in command
to do grants to multiple objects.