Re: Google SoC--Idea Request

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Google SoC--Idea Request
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Jonah H. Harris (jonah.harris@gmail.com) wrote:
> I know we started a discussion a month or so ago regarding ideas for
> SoC projects.  However, after reading through the thread, I didn't see
> us nail down any actual items.

I got an email already for a good idea, actually, which is to work on
having pg_hba.conf modifiable from SQL.  The only problem with that is
that it really needs to be done in an acceptable way which requires
probably as much design work as actual programming.  Another idea along
those same lines would be having .k5login-style support for Kerberos.
We'd need a conf-flag for that for backwards compatibility (once the
.k5login-style support exists we should clean up our Kerberos
credentials matching to, for example, not accept 'sfrost/root' for
'sfrost' or 'sfrost@ABC.COM' for 'sfrost@XYZ.com').

It'd also be nice to support SASL, and better hashes than md5.
Thanks,
    Stephen