Re: Postgresql Certifications.

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Postgresql Certifications.
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 17 April 2006 13:44, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Robert Treat wrote:

> >> Hasn't SRA been offering certification for awhile now?
> >
> > Yes (I happen to be a SRA PostgreSQL Certified Engineer, and encourage
> > others to get certified) but (taking Jonah's absurd postulate to the
> > other extreme) if micrsoft were to desire it, they could easily start up
> > thier own certification for postgresql and probably fairly quickly have
> > numbers over SRA.
> >
> > While i don't believe that will happen, there are some scenarios floating
> > around about them doing a msose (microsoft open source engineer) where
> > people would certify knowledge of key components of open source software
> > running on windows platforms or interacting with windows products (think
> > setting up an open source mail system with exchange at the heart of it).
> > PostgreSQL comes into this picture generally as a way to combat mysql
> > from eating up the low end market that sql server used to own. It could
> > lead to some form of embracing and extending of postgresql tied back into
> > thier certification; we wouldn't be the first bsd licensed application
> > that they have gotten involved with.
>
> 'k, and this is a bad thing because ... ?

I might be a great thing. OTOH it could turn into a total cluster like the
whole Microsfot/Sun Java debacle.  Having some measure of control over what
is deemed to be "postgresql-whatever" is not inherently bad.

--
Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Certifications.
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Certifications.