Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:05:11PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > Perhaps a far easier approach would be to indeed just have a hijack
> > interface that provides read/write over whatever protocol libpq
> > negotiated.
>
> Well, there's a precedent to look at: the original implementation of
> COPY mode was pretty nearly exactly that.  And it sucked, and eventually
> we changed it.  So I'd be pretty leery of repeating the experience...

As I remember, the main issue was with the loss of control over the
error state and recovering if stuff went wrong. In this case, once
someone hijacks a connection they can't hand it back. It only option is
to close.

It was just thinking of providing pointers to pqsecure_read/write and
maybe a few other things, but that's it.

Or was there something else?

Have a nice day,