Re: Regex with patterns in table field

От pgdb
Тема Re: Regex with patterns in table field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Andreas,

strange but I don't see html from my original email
received from the mailing list, hope this reply is ok:)

If I'm not wrong, the example you've provided is trying to
return matching rows from multiple patterns and texts as
inputs in the regex search.

The text in regular expression have to be just a single
string(with no white character) for my case. Matching should
then be done with patterns from each row, returning the row(s)
that contain matching regex pattern(s). Appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

Regards
pgdb

A. Kretschmer writes:

> am 13.04.2006, um 12:47:38 +0000 mailte pgdb
folgendes:

Hi,

like to know how, if possible, for patterns
>> as attribute in a table to be used in a regex
search with a
>> fixed string. The query should therefore return
the rows that
>> have matching patterns with the single
text.

> It's hard to read such text, please use plain ASCII
insteed HTML.

> Perhaps you are looking for something like this:

> test=# select * from search;
> text
> ----------------
> this is a test
> (1 row)
>
> test=# select * from pattern;
> text
> ---------
> ^this.*
> ^foo
> (2 rows)
>
> test=# select pattern.text, search.text from pattern,
search where search.text ~ pattern.text;

Free POP3 Email from <a href="http://www.gawab.com"
target="_blank">www.gawab.com
Sign up NOW and get your account @gawab.com!!

От: Ron Mayer
Сообщение: Re: Off-Topic: DBMS Market Research
От: "chris smith"
Сообщение: Re: Regex with patterns in table field