Re: How to import a CSV file (originally from Excel) into a Postgresql 8.0.7 database

От Daniel Tourde
Тема Re: How to import a CSV file (originally from Excel) into a Postgresql 8.0.7 database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Thank you for all your answers.
I did indeed generate a .csv from OpenOffice (Excel could do the job as well)
and I imported it into Postgresql using 'copy'.
I had to put the .csv files into /tmp to avoid permissions issues but it went
fine and fast.
To import 45000 lines took about a second. This is impressive...

Thanks for your help.

> > For generation in Excel, you can just use File->Save, and select CSV as
> > the format. You can use either CSV or tab delimited, really.
>
> I am not sure if it matters with postgresql, but other programs require
> (MS-DOS) CSV format rather than the initial CSV choice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Daniel TOURDE                            E-mail : daniel.tourde@foi.se
                                            Tel : +46 (0)8-55 50 32 12
                                            Fax : +46 (0)8-55 50 30 68
                                       Cellular :  +46 (0)70-849 93 40
FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency; Systemteknik
Department of Aviation Environmental Research
SE-164 90 Stockholm, Sweden