Re: Calendar vs. Timestamp

От Wei Wei
Тема Re: Calendar vs. Timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> > I would like to clarify one observation. The timestamp seems only
> > take the date section data of a calendar object regardless the
> > value of the time zone. If so, a calendar object with a specified
> > time zone would not make any difference in comparsion to a
> > calendar object with the default time zone. Or, the default time
> > zone is always used in PG.
> >

> I think the confusion arises from the fact that the server always
> stores timestamps in utc and always returns them based upon the
> current setting of the TimeZone configuration parameter.
>
> CREATE TABLE tstest(a timestamptz);
> INSERT INTO tstest VALUES ('2006-04-11 16:15:28-07');
> INSERT INTO tstest VALUES ('2006-04-11 16:15:28-08');
> SET TimeZone = 'America/Los_Angeles';
> INSERT INTO tstest VALUES ('2006-04-11 16:15:28');
> SELECT * FROM tstest;

2006-04-11 16:15:28-07
2006-04-11 17:15:28-07
2006-04-11 16:15:28-07

> SET TimeZone = 'America/New_York';
> INSERT INTO tstest VALUES ('2006-04-11 16:15:28');
> SELECT * FROM tstest;

2006-04-11 19:15:28-04
2006-04-11 20:15:28-04
2006-04-11 19:15:28-04
2006-04-11 16:15:28-04

Thanks for the test code to clarify the time zone matter. I need to change my approach to show the date & time with the
users'time zones.

От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: Calendar vs. Timestamp
От: "Yi Lin"
Сообщение: Re: FastPath blocked when ERROR is thrown