Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:44:15AM +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> >    * Allow EXPLAIN output to be more easily processed by scripts
>
> Can I request an extension/additional point?
>  * Design EXPLAIN output to survive cut & paste on mailing-lists
>
> Being able to paste into a web-form and get something readable formatted
> back would be very useful on the lists. Sometimes it takes me longer to
> reformat the explain than it does to understand the problem.

Actually, I've been wondering about better ways to handle this. One
thought is to come up with a non-human readable format that could easily
be cut and pasted into a website that would then provide something easy
to understand. Ideally that website could also produce graphical output
like pgAdmin does, since that makes it trivially easy to see what the
'critical path' is.