Re: Performance UPDATE/INSERT

От Thomas Pundt
Тема Re: Performance UPDATE/INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 11:08, MG wrote:
| I have about 100 000 records, which need about 30 minutes to write them
| with single INSERTs into PostgreSQL. If I go through these 100 000 records
| and make an UPDATE on each record, it takes 1 hour.
|
| Can anyone tell me, about his experience of the performance of INSERT and
| UPDATE.

how about using COPY for the import? Or at least putting the INSERTs into
a transaction using BEGIN and COMMIT? I would do the same with the UPDATEs:
put it into a transaction frame.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt@rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module