Re: Updating OID column

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Updating OID column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Right.  I looked at this awhile back, though, and found multiple
> places that would break if you tried it :-( --- mainly assumptions
> about the meaning of resno in target lists.  (The comments for the
> TargetEntry struct give some but not all of the details.)  Given that
> OID is semi-deprecated anyway these days, it's not clear it's worth
> fixing.

I came across this while restoring a botched backup.  I imported a
schema dump and copied over various data files, adjusted the
transaction IDs, relfilenodes, etc., but the OIDs of the TOAST tables
are stored in the fields, so it seemed that the OIDs of the TOAST table
entries in pg_class would have to be adjusted.  I managed to fix up the
few broken references manually in a binary editor, but having OIDs
updatable would have been handy if more TOAST values had needed fixing.

--
Peter Eisentraut