Re: pgAdmin3 question

От lmyho
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> wrote:

> > We have test database created in the initdb cluster, but on the Add Server page
> of
> > pgAdmin3, the Maintenance DB dropdown box does not show this database.  How can
> we
> > make it to display this db in the dropdown box too?
>
> You can't without hacking the code.

How to do this?

> > As the Maintenance DB dropdown box doesn't show this test db, we have to allow
> the
> > owner of this test db (a new user created for this test db only) to access 'all'
> > database in the pg_hba.conf file in order to allow it to login through pgAdmin.
> And
> > once loged in, it of course has access to all databases including the postgres.
> How
> > can we control this situation through pgAdmin?
>
> No, you don't have to allow access to all databases. You can type the name of the
> preferred maintenance DB,

Yea! Worked by typing the new db name!  Sorry didn't notice that we can type a name
into the dropdown box.:(

Thank you!

A further question: we are using Debian system.  So when we leave the 'Address' box
blank (on the Add Server page of pgAdmin), according to the help file, it will go to
use the default Postgresql socket on the local machine.
 We actually have a line as 'local all all   ident sameuser' in the pg_hba.conf
file.  But when I tried, pgAdmin couldn't log the user in and shows "Ident
Authentication Failed".  Then I modified the line pg_hba.conf file to 'local all all
 ident', and aaded a map line in the pg_ident.conf file to map the new user to user
'postgres'.  Still not work.

What has I done wrong?  Or how should I use the "ident" authen way through pgAdmin?

Thank you for your help!!

regards,
leo