Re: Running Command Line From Trigger?

От Terry Lee Tucker
Тема Re: Running Command Line From Trigger?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 06 April 2006 03:48 pm, Yudie Pg saith:
> I want to execute a command line from trigger function.
> The reason is I want to execute my perl script from stored procedure.
>
> any idea?
>

> Yudie

Yudie,

You might want to write your perl script as a trusted perl funcion and call
from your trigger as you would any other backend function.

Example of one we use:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fmtstr (TEXT, INTEGER) RETURNS TEXT AS '
    my ($str, $len) = @_;
    return (pack ("A$len", $str));
' LANGUAGE 'plperlu';