Re: Migrating data from Oracle 9i to PostgreSQL

От Thomas Pundt
Тема Re: Migrating data from Oracle 9i to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 14:01, krokodylek@tenbit.pl wrote:
| I sure hope I'm asking in the right place...
|
| Is there any automated or semi-automated way of migrating data from Oracle
| database (9.2.0.4) to PostgreSQL one?
|
| I only need the data, nothing else (not stored procedures, indexes, etc.),
| the relations are pretty simple, for example:

you might want to look at the scripts from the contrib/oracle directory from
the PostgreSQL source distribution. It did help me a lot to migrate two
databases from Oracle to PostgreSQL. It might be useful to apply the attached
patch: it escapes some more characters in the generated SQL dump.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt@rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----