Not able to install PostgreSQL in my machine

От Ravi Kumar
Тема Not able to install PostgreSQL in my machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello,

    I would like to install PostgreSQL on my system which is working with Windows XP operating system.

I downloaded file - postgresql-8.1.3-1.zip from the web-site – extracted all files and started installation. At the end it is stopping and undoes the installation procedure by giving the error message –

Not able to create postgres user. Password is too short or not complex enough.

In the installation faq screen-shots I have seen only 6 characters of password. I tried the password of 15characters with small and capital alphabets, numbers and special characters. Could you please menstion some sample passwords to satisfy the user creation criteria.

After that I downloaded file - postgresql-8.0.6-binaries-no-installer.zip from the web-site – extracted and executed file psql.exe. It is saying error message – libpq.dll not found and re-install the application.

Kindly help me to solve the installation problems earliest.

Thanks -

Ravi Kumar B V