Re: Suggestion: Which Binary?

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Suggestion: Which Binary?
Дата
Re: Suggestion: Which Binary?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: Suggestion: Which Binary?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 07:01:18PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> > Yes, but even the environment variables get me what I want. I
> > therefore respectfully submit the attached patch to document them in
> > the INSTALL file.
>
> It seems rather pointless to document two instances of what is in fact
> a generic autoconf-script behavior ...

The problem is that PostgreSQL is moving out of the realm of "hard-core
geeks only" and more into the mainstream. I'd bet a number of our users
have very little idea how autoconf and it's progeny work. It's probably
not unlikely that those folks would be able to figure out where their
perl was, but then not know how to tell it to configure.