Re: Slony-I for circular replication

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Slony-I for circular replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:35:31 -0600
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:15:21AM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > I had to do multi-master replication for a major project and we wound
> > up writing our own replication system.  The problem is that this sort of
> > thing really has to be based on your own business rules.  There is no
> > way to make it generic.  At least, that was the conclusion we came to.
>
> Maybe true, but certainly a lot of the framework should be generic, no?

Possibly.  Unfortunately I did the work under NDA.  I should check and
see how much I can talk about.  I may at least be able to present a
paper discussing the basic ideas.  Hmm.  Maybe for the Toronto
conference?

> There's *a lot* of people who ask about multi-master replication.

Yah, we were one of them.  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves

Сообщение: Re: pg_class catalog question...
Сообщение: Re: pg_class catalog question...