Re: Win32 sysconfig -> pg_service.conf

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Win32 sysconfig -> pg_service.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 03:53:13PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
> >Folks,
> >
> >I'm trying to get pg_service.conf working on Windows so we can
> >standardize on a way of doing things cross-platform, and noticed
> >that
> >
> >pg_config.exe --configure
>
> why are you using this flag? if you leave it off you will see
> everything.

Per IRC discussion, there's no default set in the windows
distribution.

> >doesn't report anything by way of --sysconfdir, which in turn means
> >that people have to do some fragile hackery in order even to see a
> >pg_service.conf file.  Can we put such a configuration directive
> >into the binary builds?  Is this known to work?
>
> In any case, the default is $prefix/etc which is probably not what
> you want anyway - why not set the PGSYSCONFDIR environment variable
> to point to where you put the service  file?

Let's turn that question around.  Why *shouldn't* there be a default
built in?  "No default" seems like a pretty poor fall-through.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!