Re: deleting function from pg_catalog.pg_proc

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: deleting function from pg_catalog.pg_proc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 02:58:45PM +0200, Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I would like to know if deleting functions from pg_catalog.pg_proc with
> the following SQL statement is advisable?

Offhand I think you're going to run into problem like the dependancies
not being removed which could cause problems further down the line.

> I would like a way of deleting my functions without using the DROP
> FUNCTION statement.

That would be inadvisable. You could create a function to do the drops
for you. For example, if you cast the oid of the function to
'regprocedure' you should get a string that is the prototype of the
function.

Have a nice day,

Вложения