Re: Auto convert for type?

От karly@kipshouse.org
Тема Re: Auto convert for type?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 03:34:18PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> karly@kipshouse.org writes:
> > but that syntax doesn't work.  I thought I might be able to create
> > my own type, and have an implicit conversion of DATE,
>
> You can *make* an implicit cast from (or to) DATE, but there won't be
> one made for you.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for.  How can I create an IMPLICIT
cast from date to my custom type?  IOW, if I assing a date to a
varible of my type, it will be converted to the format I specify.
I don't seem to be able to find that in the online doc, though I'm sure
it's there somewhere.

Thanks

-karl