Re: PostgreSQL's XML support comparison against other RDBMSes

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's XML support comparison against other RDBMSes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 05:22:40PM +0400, Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know good comparison/review article of XML support in
> major RDMBSes? I know that PostgreSQL's XML capabilities are quite
> weak, but how far is it from other products?

For other databases it's probably somewhere between PostgreSQL and
Oracle. :)

BTW, something to consider is that thanks to PostgreSQL's ability to use
so many different languages for stored procedures, there's a lot you can
do in XML in the database via stored procs. I believe perl has pretty
good XML support, for example. And of course there's java...