Re: Converting a database from LATIN1 to UTF-8

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Converting a database from LATIN1 to UTF-8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 01:32:33PM +0200, Tormod Omholt-Jensen wrote:
> We are upgrading our systems to handle new languages and therefore we
> need to change the encoding of our postgres database from LATIN1 to UTF-8.
>
> I have pg_dumped the database and imported it into the new UTF-8 base.
> It seems like this worked just fine.
>
> Can anyone confirm that this is the correct way to do it?

Yep. The only thing you need to check is the clients connecting to the
database. They will start receving their output in UNICODE also. If
they don't want that they need to specify a default encoding.

Other than that your all set.

Have a nice day,

Вложения