Re: Role incompatibilities

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Role incompatibilities
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost wrote:
> Is there a particular issue/problem you're running into?  It might
> make more sense to focus on what you actually need than what the spec
> says you need...

The particular issue I'm running into is that I'm trying to get the
information schema up to speed but the current role implementation
doesn't really match anywhere.  I remember the discussion about the
inherit flag vaguely, and I think I might even have contributed to the
confusion, but the fact is that some concepts like the purpose of SET
ROLE and the difference between enabled and applicable roles have
apparently been misunderstood.

--
Peter Eisentraut