Re: SQL Query Newbie Help

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: SQL Query Newbie Help
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Julie Robinson wrote:

> This works, but is there a better solution?
>
> select *
> from quality_control_reset T
> where date = (
>     select max(date)
>     from quality_control_reset
>     where qualitycontrolrange = T.qualitycontrolrange);

If you can use PostgreSQL extensions (and don't care that you might not
get two rows if two ids had the same date equaling the max date for a
given range), maybe something like:

select distinct on (qualitycontrolrange) id, date, qualitycontrolrangefrom quality_control_reset order by
qualitycontrolrange,datedesc;

Otherwise, you might see how the above compares in plan to something like
(not really tested):

select T.* from quality_control_reset T inner join(select qualitycontrolrange, max(date) as date from
quality_control_resetgroup by qualitycontrolrange) T2on (T.qualitycontrolrange = T2.qualitycontrolrange and
T.date=T2.date);

> Julie Robinson wrote:
> > Given the two tables at the bottom of this email, I'm having trouble
> > coming up with a SQL statement that returns all rows in the
> > quality_control_reset table where there is only one row for the most
> > recent quality_control_range.  Help?
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > In table quality_control_reset:
> >
> > id   |   date        |   qualitycontrolrange
> > 1    |  02/23/2006   |   20
> > 2    |  02/23/2006   |   6
> > 3    |  02/28/2006   |   18
> > 4    |  03/01/2006   |   18
> > 5    |  03/23/2006   |   12
> > 6    |  03/23/2006   |   20
> >
> > I want the results of the following from the query:
> >
> > id   |   date        |   qualitycontrolrange
> > 2    |  02/23/2006   |   6
> > 4    |  03/01/2006   |   18
> > 5    |  03/23/2006   |   12
> > 6    |  03/23/2006   |   20
> >

> > CREATE TABLE quality_control_reset
> > (
> >   id int8 NOT NULL,
> >   date timestamp,
> >   qualitycontrolrange int8,
> >   CONSTRAINT quality_control_reset_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id),
> >   CONSTRAINT fk42a706efb62efa94 FOREIGN KEY (qualitycontrolrange)
> >       REFERENCES quality_control_range (id) MATCH SIMPLE
> >       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
> > )
> >
> > CREATE TABLE quality_control_range (
> >   id int8 NOT NULL,
> >   code varchar(255),
> >   CONSTRAINT quality_control_range_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
> > );

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: