Re: pgNixInstaller: Making PostgreSQL relocatable

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgNixInstaller: Making PostgreSQL relocatable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:
> I'm sure this isn't the only possible gotcha but I do seem to recall
> that on Solaris there's no such thing as a default LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> Every binary stores absolute paths to every shared library it's
> linked against.

On Solaris you can actually use relative library paths by writing
$ORIGIN in the path.  We don't do that right now, but it's possible.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: Worthwhile optimisation of position()?
Сообщение: Re: Worthwhile optimisation of position()?