Re: COPY command documentation

От David Fetter
Тема Re: COPY command documentation
Дата
Re: [DOCS] COPY command documentation  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: COPY command documentation  (Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 07:00:13PM +0100, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2006, at 4:08 PM, Oisin Glynn wrote:
>
> >I just discovered that the comments from 8.0 had the answer I was
> >looking for but these comments are not in the 8.1 docs. Should the
> >comments be rolled forward as new versions are created? Or if valid
> >comments added to the docs themselves?
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-copy.html
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-copy.html
>
> No, comments don't roll forward.

...and it's unlikely that they will, now or later, without somebody
whose whole job is to monitor those comments and make patches.

I'd like to make a Modest Proposal™:  Let's take down the interactive
documents and, in their place, put up a request that doc patches be
sent to -docs.

What say?

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!