Re: Custom type

От Terry Lee Tucker
Тема Re: Custom type
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 22 March 2006 03:25 pm, Daniel Caune saith:
> Hi,
>
> How can I enter description for my custom types?
>
> \dT provides information such as schema, name, and description for all
> the registered types and custom types.  I would like to provide a
> description for each custom type I create.
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Daniel CAUNE
> Ubisoft Online Technology
> (514) 4090 2040 ext. 5418

Daniel,

From the \h command in psql:

rnd=# \h comment
Command:     COMMENT
Syntax:
COMMENT ON
{ TABLE object_name | COLUMN table_name.column_name | AGGREGATE agg_name (agg_type) | CONSTRAINT constraint_name ON
table_name| DATABASE object_name | DOMAIN object_name | FUNCTION func_name (arg1_type, arg2_type, ...) | INDEX
object_name| OPERATOR op (leftoperand_type, rightoperand_type) | RULE rule_name ON table_name | SCHEMA object_name |
SEQUENCEobject_name | TRIGGER trigger_name ON table_name | TYPE object_name | VIEW object_name
} IS 'text'

I believe this is what you need.

HTH.