Referential integrity broken (8.0.3), sub-select help

От
Тема Referential integrity broken (8.0.3), sub-select help
Дата
Re: Referential integrity broken (8.0.3), sub-select help  ("Aftab Alam" <aalam@tatashare.com>)
Re: Referential integrity broken (8.0.3), sub-select help  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Re: Referential integrity broken (8.0.3), sub-select help  (Patrick JACQUOT <patrick.jacquot@anpe.fr>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I've got 2 tables, "url" (U), and "bookmark" (B), with "bookmark" pointing to "url" via FK.
Somehow I ended up with some rows in B referencing non-existent rows in U.
This sounds super strange and dangerous to me, and it's not clear to me how/why PG let this happen.
I'm using 8.0.3.

Here are the table references I just mentioned:

Table "bookmark":    id                  SERIAL                        CONSTRAINT pk_bookmark_id PRIMARY KEYTable
"url":  url_id              INTEGER                        CONSTRAINT fk_bookmark_id REFERENCES bookmark(id)

Problem #1: Strange that PG allowed this to happen.  Maybe my DDL above allows this to happen and needs to be
tightened? I thought the above would ensure referential integrity, but maybe I need to specify something else?

Problem #2: I'd like to find all rows in B that point to non-existent rows in U.  I can do it with the following
sub-select,I believe, but it's rather inefficient (EXPLAIN shows both tables would be sequentially scanned):

 SELECT * FROM bookmark WHERE id NOT IN (SELECT b.id FROM bookmark b, url u WHERE b.url_id=u.id);

Is there a more efficient way to get the rows from "bookmark"?

Thanks,
Otis

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: