Re: partitioning

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:31:42PM +0100, Antoine wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any work on the cards for implementing other partitioning
> strategies? I see mysql 5.1 will have support for hashes and stuff but
> didn't see anything in the todos for postgres.

You'd have to provide a pretty convincing argument for providing hash
partitioning I think. I can't really think of any real-world scenarios
where it's better than other forms.

In any case, the next logical step on the partitioning front is to add
some 'syntactic sugar' to make it easier for people to work with
partitions. I seem to remember some discussion about that, but I don't
recall where it lead to.