Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important Update

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important Update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 12:38:30PM -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:
> One example might be a 'self-aggregating' structure. Start with one
> entry per minute in a table indexed by time. After 2 weeks passes, the
> per-minute data is aggregated and the single entry at the start of the
> day is updated with the aggregate value with the other entries for the
> day being removed. I believe this can cause significant index bloat
> since it results in a few entries per page in the index.

FYI, that's exactly what http://rrs.decibel.org does (yeah, I know,
viewcvs is down... :( )

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Question about MemoryContexts and functions that returns sets.
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals --Important