Re: How to idenity duplicate rows

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: How to idenity duplicate rows
Дата
Re: How to idenity duplicate rows
Список pgsql-general
David Inglis wrote:
> Can anybody assist with this problem I have a table that has some
> duplicated rows of data,  I want to place a unique constraint on  the
> columns userid and procno to eliminate this problem in the future but
> how do I identify and get rid of the existing duplication.

To find them, something like

SELECT a, b, c FROM table GROUP BY a, b, c HAVING count(*) > 1;

comes to mind, where you have to list all columns of the table in place
of a, b, c.

As for deleting all but one row in a duplicated group, you're going to
have to get at them by the oid or ctid columns perhaps.

The other idea is to run CREATE TABLE newtable AS SELECT DISTINCT * FROM
oldtable;.

--
Peter Eisentraut