Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important Update

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Proposals -- Important Update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Qingqing Zhou wrote:

> I am really interested in the concurrency control part of the PostgreSQL. I
> can see the MVCC/lock rules there, and basically I can follow them -- but
> there are so many if-else in the rules, so the problem always for me is: how
> can we gaurantee that the rules are complete and correct? So I guess I may
> miss a big picture somewhere.

Are you talking specifically about the stuff in tqual.c?  If so, I agree
that there doesn't seem to be enough description of how they work, much
less formal proof that they are complete or correct.  I don't know if it
is enough material for a "presentation" though.