Re: Help optimizing a slow index scan

От Evgeny Gridasov
Тема Re: Help optimizing a slow index scan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Try contrib/btree_gist.
I've tried that one, but for my case it didn't help much.
The performance was almost equal or even slower than built-in btree.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:53:44 -0700
Dan Harris <fbsd@drivefaster.net> wrote:

> Dan Harris wrote:
> > Markus Bertheau wrote:
> >> Have you tried using a GIST index on lat & long? These things are
> >> meant for two-dimensional data, whereas btree doesn't handle
> >> two-dimensional data that well. How many rows satisfy either of the
> >> long / lat condition?
> >>

> > According to the analyze, less than 500 rows matched.  I'll look into
> > GIST indexes, thanks for the feedback.
> >
> > -Dan

> When I try to create a GIST index, I get the following error:
>
> create index eventgeo_lat_idx on eventgeo using GIST (lat);
>
> ERROR:  data type double precision has no default operator class for
> access method "gist"
> HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
> default operator class for the data type.
>
> I'm not sure what a "default operator class" is, exactly..
>
> -Dan

Evgeny Gridasov
Software Engineer
I-Free, Russia

От: Kenneth Marshall
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL and Xeon MP
От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: planner with index scan cost way off actual cost,