Re: PostgreSQL scalability concerns

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: PostgreSQL scalability concerns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 15 March 2006 18:14, Alen Garia - IT wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   We are currently planning the deployment of our next generation
> enterprise database and we are wondering whether or not PostgreSQL could do
> the heavy lifting that would be required.  My post is a little bit long but
> I hope it will provide you with information to allow someone to provide a
> definitive answer.

The definitive answer is yes, PostgreSQL can handle this. You'll need to make
sure you have good hardware that matches the nature of your app (oltp/olap
and/or web/desktop). You'll probably want something that can do connection
pooling.  You can get more help on the -performance list too, just make sure
you provide specifics.  You might also want to look into getting commercial
support, though choice questions to the mailing list might be enough to steer
you on the right path.

--
Robert Treat