Re: BETWEEN optimizer problems with single-value range

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: BETWEEN optimizer problems with single-value range
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> schrieb:

> On 3/15/06, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> > Attached is a simplified example of a performance problem we have seen,
> > with a workaround and a suggestion for enhancement (hence both the
> > performance and hackers lists).
>

> Hi Kevin.  In postgres 8.2 you will be able to use the row-wise

8.2? AFAIK, Feature freeze in juni/juli this year...
Release august/september.

> comparison for your query which  should guarantee good worst case
> performance without having to maintain two separate query forms.  it

Perhaps, a bitmap index scan (since 8.1) are useful for such querys.
Thats why i asked which version.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)