Re: No vacuum for insert-only database?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: No vacuum for insert-only database?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Craig,

> Transaction ID wraparound will be a problem at a bit less than 2 billion
> transactions.  So if you vacuum the table every 1 billion transactions
> you are safe.  I suggest you read the "routine maintenance" section in
> the docs; the wraparound issue is explained there.

For reference, we calculated on a data warehouse with about 700 million
rows in the main fact table that we had 6 years until XID wraparound.
Mind you, that's partly because all of our rows were inserted in large
batches of 100,000 rows each.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance comparison
Сообщение: Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance