Re: psql patch: new host/port without leaving session

От Volkan YAZICI
Тема Re: psql patch: new host/port without leaving session
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Hi,

I've written do_connect() and \c handling part from scratch in the
attached patch. Here are some features introduced:

 - \c syntax is extended. (See comment lines just above \c stuff.)
 - do_connect() AI (like used for prompting password or informing
   client about connect attempt's result.) improved.
 - Some code clean up.

If you'd agree with the style, I'll add patch for the documentation and
PO files too.

Regards.

P.S. Patch passed regressions tests on CVS tip.

On Dec 13 04:29, David Fetter wrote:
> Please find enclosed a patch that lets you use \c to connect
> (optionally) to a new host and port without exiting psql.  This
> eliminates, IMHO, a surprise in that you can now connect to PostgreSQL
> on a differnt machine from the one where you started your session.
> This should help people who use psql as an administrative tool.

Вложения